Tuesday, February 05, 2008

This Year's Boyfriend Hat

My boyfriend helps me with my knitting photoshoots. He models or holds the knitting or takes the pictures... in public, without complaining. He's a keeper! And he deserves another hat. This year, he wanted a larger hat. He said his last hat is too short when he's outside in the winter cold shoveling or hiking for hours, so I re-knit The Boyfriend Hat, adding an extra inch to the height to cover his ears.


Pattern: A Hat Fit for a Boyfriend
Mods: Added that extra inch
Yarn: Mission Falls Wool color 021
Needles: 5mm (size 8) 16" circs and dpns

Someone on Ravelry pointed out that there are over 100 boyfriend hats in the world. Yippee! I'm glad you like the pattern as much as my boyfriend does.

8 comments:

Mary Heather said...

Very nice! You had to add an inch to cover your boyfriends ears, I had to add an inch and a half!!! :) Big heads = big brains right?!? :) :)

Stephanie said...

Our boyfriends are eggheads. ;)

Stacey said...

I'm about to attempt your Boyfriend Hat for my boyfriend. It will be my first hat! I love the look of the decreases... kinda spirally but deceptively straight at the same time. very cool. I'll post pics on my Ravelry page soon and link back to you, of course. :)

waza123 said...

can you create hat for me ? like in picture. Color: black, sizes identical, i live in Latvia, city: Riga. email: waza123 at inbox.lv

aarkus said...

Hi Stephanie,
I have found your pattern a few weeks days ago, when I was really frustrated, because I did not succeed to knit a fitting hat for my little son. But your pattern helped me a lot, and the hat is ready! Thank you so much!

Biometric Security said...

Sentry Safe
Fingerprint Door Lock
biometric time clock
fireproof Safe
BioAxxis
Sentry Safes
fireproof Safe
fireproof safes
fingerprint Safe
biometric safe
Protex Safes
Bioknob
thumblock

Unknown said...

Stephanie, I have now made your 1 WONDERFUL Boyfriend Hat twice! Both times out of Noro Koryon, and both times beautiful.
I don't know if you've ever searched for "ribbed hat," or not, but if you had you'd know that YOURS is easily the best looking hat out there!

Michelle said...

I asked a question about this on raverly!